In June this year an exciting new attraction opened in Castries, which is a quick drive up the coast from Marigot Bay.
Our Planet Centre is an interactive visitor centre, and the only one of its kind anywhere in the world.
At Our Planet Centre, you’ll be able to:
- See holograms of Prince Charles and the Governor General of St Lucia;
- Walk through the Immersion Tunnel showing how our planet and its climate started;
- Sit in the “Mirrorsphere” and see a kaleidoscopic view of our our world;
- View our planet from space with Science on a Sphere installed by NOAA/NASA;
- Play more than ten interactive games and try out the “learning zone”;
- Listen to the stories of St Lucians who are working to conserve their environment;
- Play in the motion sensitive floor projection;
- Experience extreme weather events in the special effects theatre.
Our Planet Centre also has an excellent gift shop where you can buy gifts made by talented St Lucian artists and craftspeople, and there’s also a cafe selling locally made ice creams and cakes.
Entry fees are US$25 for adults and $15 for children (if you live in St Lucia, prices are EC$25/EC$15 instead). Which is worth every penny when you consider that all profits from ticket and shop sales, and all profits from the cafe will be used to fund St Lucian environmental initiatives.
If you’d like to visit Our Planet Centre during your stay at Marigot Beach Club and Dive Resort, our front desk team will be happy to help you arrange transport.