Temperatures soared on St Lucia recently when the 50th edition of Sports Illustrated Swimsuit 2014 used three locations on the island as backdrops to its video (below), which showed some of the most memorable past swimsuits being recreated in body paint on models Emily Ratajkowski, Chris Urena, Samantha Hoopes, Lauren Mellor and Hannah Ferguson.
In other, more fully-clothed news, Saint Lucia has again scooped several travel awards and accolades – nearly a hundred of them, in fact. These include:
- Best Caribbean Destination – Travel Weekly 2013 Readers Choice Awards
- Best Island in the Caribbean – Global Traveler Inaugural Leisure Travel Awards 2013
- Best Island Runner Up – Outside Magazine 2013 Outside Travel Awards
- Top 10 Caribbean Islands, #5 – Condé Nast Traveler 2013 Readers’ Choice Awards
- Top 10 Caribbean Islands, #8 – TripAdvisor 2013 Traveler’s Choice Awards
- Top 10 Most Adventurous Honeymoon Destinations 2013 – The Knot
- Best Anniversary Trip – 10 Best Reader’s Choice Awards sponsored by USA Today 2013
- The World’s Top 20 Honeymoon Destinations 2013, #4 – BRIDES
- Google’s Most-Searched Honeymoon Spots (2013), #7
St Lucia tourism businesses including Anse Chastanet, Hotel Chocolat, Cap Maison, Coco Palm, Fond Doux and Jade Mountain also received numerous awards – congratulations to all of them, and long may St Lucia continue to win!
For the full list of winners, please see the St Lucia Now website.